Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Body Shop Haul and Swatches


Today I thought I'd share with you some items I purchased from The Body Shop. They have a sale in stores buy three get two free on skincare and makeup. But if you prefer to shop online they are having 40% off site wide. 

I own most of their seaweed skincare line. I really love the mattifying day cream and night time clearing treatment. If you look back at my 
first blog post I reviewed the seaweed products in depth. I've been wanting to pick up  the Seaweed Iconic Clay Mask to complete my 
set of products. This is a weekly mask that is best suited for those with oily to combination skin. I have really oily skin and the seaweed products are effective for oil control. 




I also purchased the Brush on Beads in the shade Bronzed. This is a shimmer bronzed color that has pearl particles to give a radiant glow. This shade is too dark for me use as a highlight. If you intend to use this as a highlighter I would go with one of the lighter shades. The powder is really soft and blends beautifully. I used it as a blush and it looked really lovely. I wouldn't use this to contour with as I prefer to use a matte bronzed for that.






Speaking of matte bronzers, I did buy the Honey Matte Bronze Bronzing Powder in the shade 04 Deep Matte. This is perfect for contouring. The powder itself is very soft and smooth. It blends nicely and evenly. The honeycomb  packaging is really nice as well. 





I also picked up this All in One BB cream in the shade 03. This BB cream reminds me a lot of my L'oreal Magic BB cream. It's very similar in that it goes on white with color beads that blend the pigment into the skin. I have to save the Body Shop BB cream does not have enough coverage in my opinion. I would definitely consider this light coverage. You could layer it to achieve medium coverage, despite the fact that it is light coverage I still really enjoy using this. It is light and fast absorbing. I use a concealer afterwards for under eyes and spot concealing.


    What it looks like out of the tube:

    What it looks like slightly blended:

    Completely blended:

Finally, the last item I purchased was the Skin Primer Matte It. The texture is similar to Smashbox photo finish primer. This one is lightweight and fast absorbing. It provides a nice base before foundation application.

xIzzybelle

No comments:

Post a Comment