Monday, March 17, 2014

Preparing Healthy Dinners for the Week

Disclaimer: This post has nothing to do with makeup and everything to do with healthy eating.

About two and a half weeks ago I started the Herbalife nutrition plan. I wanted to get healthy and lose some weight. So far I've lost about 7 lbs! Part of the plan is to prep nutritious meals for the week. It is so much easier to spend a couple of hours each week prepping all your meals than having to cook everyday. I always have fun cooking though. It's one of my favorite things to do. In this post I thought I would share some examples of what I make for the week.


Here is an example of a typical dinner : Grilled marinated chicken,sautéed asparagus,and cilantro lime rice


Soy marinated beef steak,sautéed shiitake mushrooms and snow peas,brown rice.


Turkey Burgers

What you will need:

-1 lb ground turkey
-1 egg white
-1/4 onion finely minced
-1tsp minced garlic
-1tsp red chili flakes
-salt and pepper to taste

This recipe is really easy to prepare. Just mix all of the ingredients well in a bowl. Form burger patties with hands. With one pound of turkey you can get about 4 patties. Grill them over medium high heat until internal temperature reaches 185 degrees. Mine took about 5-6 minutes on each side. You can garnish these with toppings like tomato, onion, and avocado. Wrap them in lettuce to keep it low carb. I serve them with oven baked sweet potato fries.


Marinated Beef Steak

What you'll need:

-1 lb of beef eye round steak,slice thinly
-1 red onion sliced
-1 tsp minced garlic
-1tsp grated ginger
-2 tsp soy sauce

Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, cover and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour. Cook the beef on medium high heat for about 8-10 minutes.



Veggies

In a pan stir fry sliced shiitake mushrooms and snow peas on medium high heat until mushrooms have cooked down and snow peas are tender. Season them with salt and pepper to taste. I also steamed some broccoli to have on hand.


Cilantro Lime Rice

What you'll need:

- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 vegetable bullion cube
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Add all of the ingredients to a rice cooker and cook! Super easy,right? 

Here's a pick of the fruit I have on hand. I use the bananas in my Herbalife shakes

Let me know what you think of this post. I plan on posting my before and after pictures after 4 weeks. If you try any of these recipes make sure to let me know how you like them.have an awesome day !

xIsabel

Twitter and Instagram: Ms_Izzy_Belle









No comments:

Post a Comment