Saturday, February 22, 2014

My Most Used Concealers

 Raise your hand up if you can not live without concealer! *raises hand*  When I'm not wearing concealer I always get comments like "Are you feeling sick?" or "You look really tired." I work 12 hour overnight shifts so I don't get much sleep as it is. I wear concealer everyday to help me look more awake and refreshed. I have very dark circles and bags under my eyes as well as some fine lines and creases that I've had since I can remember. Because I use concealer so much I am constantly trying out new ones looking for that holy grail product. In this post I'd though I would share with you my favorite ones both drugstore and high end. I tend to rotate between all of them. For these pictures I used one layer of concealer and blended it out with my finger.

Here are the drugstore concealers with before and after pictures:






L'Oreal True Match super-blendable crayon concealer in W6-7-8 medium/deep. 

>Full coverage
>Easy to apply
>Good range of shades
>Accentuates fine lines
>Not emollient (doesn't melt)


Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles concealer in Honey 

>Excellent pigmentation 
>Very lightweight
>Blends effortlessly
>Easiest to apply 
>sponge applicator might not be for everyone.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch highlighting concealer in Honey 

>lightweight illuminating conceale
>blends in nicely 
>brightens under eye area well
>medium coverage

Here are the high end concealers with before and after pictures:




MAC Mineralized Concealer in NC42

>full coverage
>lightweight
>peach undertone for color correcting
>brush applicator 
>wide range of shades

Benefit Erase Paste in No 3 deep

>peach toned for color correcting dark circles
>full coverage
>thicker formula
>emollient 
>packaging could be a put off as it comes in a pot with a small scoop
>requires more time and effort to apply

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Tan

>hygienic squeeze tube packaging
>thicker formula
>full coverage
>blends well
>brightening
>peach undertone
>very emollient 



These are my most used concealers. Can you tell a difference between them? What are your favorites?

-xIzzybelle

2 comments:

  1. I like the Mac one and the loreal one! They are all very nice. Erase paste for me (in no.2) is a hit or miss for me. I have to be in the mood for it! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ! I agree on the erase paste. My favorite is the MAC one :-)

    ReplyDelete