Saturday, September 28, 2013

Review: The Body Shop Seaweed Skincare Range


Hi Friends!

Today I am bringing you a review of The Body Shop Seaweed skincare line. I purchased these products from my local Body Shop retail store about three weeks ago and have been using them daily. Before I started using this skincare line I used an acne cream cleanser,witch hazel as a toner,and organic unrefined coconut oil as a moisturizer. I have very oily skin and my previous skincare routine was not doing the best job with helping me with oil control. So while shopping at my local mall I popped into The Body Shop because they were having a buy three get two free sale. The first product I tested in store was the Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream. I was so impressed by this product that I picked up the entire range! 


Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash


I use this cleanser twice a day, morning and night, along with my Clarasonic face and body. I really enjoy this cleanser because it is lightweight and foams up nicely. My skin feels clean and refreshed after each use. I does dry the skin a bit so I don't recommend it for people who have dry skin. But if you have combination to oily skin this works perfectly because it is not overly drying and harsh as other cleansers can be. 

Seaweed Clarifying Toner


After cleansing and drying my face, I dampen a cotton pad with the seaweed clarifying toner and apply  it all over my face neck. This toner does an excellent job of cleansing any last traces of makeup or dirt. Much like the cleanser, this toner does a good job of mattifying the skin with over drying it or over tightening it. I've really been enjoying this over my witch hazel toner. I never really got used to the strong scent from the witch hazel toner. The seaweed toner on the other hand has a nice light fragrance that is not overpowering.

Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream


This day cream was the reason I decided to purchase the entire line of Seaweed products. It's lightweight,moisturizing,quick absorbing,and best of all it really does an excellent job at mattifying the skin. I have no complaints about this moisturizer. It helps keep my oil at bay longer and it helps my makeup last longer throughout the day.

Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment


This is another standout product from the Seaweed range. Now I don't suffer from acne so I can't review on how well this works for acne prone skin. I really do enjoy this night treatment though because when I wake up my skin looks refreshed and clear and it feels incredibly soft. This is a product I will definitely be repurchasing.

 Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial  Exfoliator


This Seaweed Exfoliator has replaced my St Ive's Apricot scrub. It has fine jojoba beads and olive stone and it is oil free. I love how fine the beads are because they are effective in exfoliating the skin with being to harsh. My skin feels clean and smooth after using this product. This will definitely be another repurchase product for me. 

Overall this routine has been effective for my skin. It helps with oil control and is keeping my skin clear. I have really been enjoying all of the products from this range. These products are a must try if you have oil or combination skin. One product that I haven't purchased yet is the Seaweed Clay Mask. I'm hoping to get my hands on that soon so I can do a future review. Till then I hope this review was helpful for you. Stay tuned to future posts and reviews including the Fingerpaints Gel System,OCC lip tar swatches,September favorites and a fall makeup look.Hope you have a lovely day.

                                                           xo-Isabel








No comments:

Post a Comment